The concept of this program is similar to a summer – long camp for participants to work on improving their skills. Teams will be assigned each night.
- Thursday, May 23, 7p, World War Memorial Building, 215 North 6th Street
|Grades 4 & 5*||June 4 – July 25||T & Th||6 – 7p||3964|
|Grades 6 & 7*||June 4 – July 25||T & Th||7:15 – 8:15p||3965|
|Grades 8 & 9*||June 4 – July 25||T & Th||8:30 – 9:30p||3966|
* Grade going into Fall 2013
Fee and Location
- Located at World War Memorial Building, 215 North 6th Street
Girls’ 4th Grade
- August 14, 7p, at Frances Leach High Prairie Arts & Science Complex, 1810 Schafer Avenue
- An information sheet will be available upon registration.
- August 26 – October 12
- Teams organized by school. Volunteer coaches needed.
- Coaches will register for practice one day per week at the World War Memorial Building, 215 North 6th Street. Coaches will notify you of practice times.
- Mondays – Fridays: 4p or 5p
- Games are Saturdays at the World War Memorial Building.
- $40/player – if received on or before August 16.
- $50/player – if received August 17 or later.
|School 4th Grade||Codes||School 4th Grade||Codes|
Girls’ 5th & 6th Grade
- August 26 – October 26
The sixth grade girls basketball program will continue to be run by Bismarck Parks and Recreation, with practices and games taking place at the middle schools. Please register your child for the appropriate school using the codes below.
More detailed information regarding 6th grade fall and winter programs will be in the August issue of this Activity Schedule, and will also be online.
Days/Times for most schools:
- First week of practice should be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Due to gym availability, some schools may have different practice schedules. You will be notified through the school office and/or team coach.
Teams will be formed after the first week of practice and a schedule will be provided for the remainder of the season. Every attempt will be made to split the teams as equally as possible, when more than one team exists per grade at any school.
- $55/player – if received on or before August 23.
- $65/player – if received August 24 or later.
- Participants must play at the school they attend.
- Girls’ Grade 5: October 14, 15, 21, 22
- Girls’ Grade 6: October 24 and 26
|5th Grade School||Code||5th Grade School||Code|
|6th Grade School||Code|
Fall Boys’ Basketball information will be included in the Fall Activity Schedule. The program’s objective is to teach 4th, 5th and 6th grade students the fundamentals, skills, and sportsmanship of the game. Participants will learn through drills and scrimmages. 5th and 6th grade programs have season-ending jamborees.