Competition pool at BSC Aquatic is closed Tues. Dec. 10 from 7am-3pm for filter cleaning and maintenance.
There is lap swimming available in the program pool.
Babe Ruth, Ages 13 – 15
Any player born prior to May 1, 2009, and on or after May 1, 2000, will be eligible for Cal Ripken (ages 12 & under) Baseball League competition for the 2013 season. Any player born prior to May 1, 2000, and on or after May 1, 1997, will be eligible for Babe Ruth 13 – 15 League competition for the 2013 season.
The first two weeks will be used to evaluate players in a variety of categories. This assists us in forming league teams. There will not be any tryouts for Babe Ruth All-Star Teams, as the participants are constantly being evaluated from May 13 until the All-Star Teams are selected. The criteria used to select these teams include: attitude, attendance, sportsmanship, versatility, coachability and skill/ability. Our emphasis will be on the development and maintenance of our league teams. Our extra baseball program will come after the league is established.
Dates and Schedules (PDF Downloads)
- 13 yr old Babe Ruth League Schedule - Updated 7-8-13
- 13 y old Babe Ruth Practice Schedule
- 14-15 yr old Babe Ruth League Schedule - Updated 7-8-13
- 14-15 yr old Babe Ruth Practice Schedule
- 13 yr old League Tournament
- 14-15 yr old League Tournament
All Stars Schedules and Rosters (PDF Downloads)
- Played at Haaland Field, South 12th St., Tatley North/South Park (Airport Road and Michigan Avenue), University of Mary (7500 University Drive) or Mandan.
Babe Ruth Coordinators, Ages 13 – 15
American Legion & Babe Ruth, Ages 16 – 18
American Legion Baseball:
Competition in 2013 is open to players born on or after January 1, 1994. Any player born in 1993 or before, is not eligible to play American Legion Baseball.
2012 High School graduates may only play for the Legion team they played for during the 2012 season. If a player is born in 1994 or 1995, that player must play in the Senior Legion Baseball program.
Babe Ruth Baseball:
Any player born prior to May 1, 1997, and on or after January 1, 1994, will be eligible for Babe Ruth Baseball 16 – 18 division.
If there is enough interest, we will plan to have three teams. Please watch for specific information coming in mid-April.
- Governor’s $400
- Babe Ruth 16 – 18 $400 will have option to sell raffle tickets to earn a portion of fee back.
- Each Governor’s participant will also be required to sell raffle tickets.
- For practice/game schedule, please click here to visit the Bismarck Governors Website.
- For a complete schedule of all youth and adult baseball/softball, visit our Baseball/Softball Complexes Schedule.
- 2013 16-18 Year Old Babe Ruth State Tournament Bracket (PDF Download)
Raffle Ticket Winners
- July 1, Kenny Johnson, Detroit Lakes, MN $200.00
- July 2, Jason Fischer, Bismarck $20.00
- July 3, Daniel Gefroh, Underwood $20.00
- July 4, Ryan Bauer, Bismarck $200.00
- July 5, Lucy Foss, Bismarck $20.00
- July 6, Brandon Schmid, Bismarck $50.00
- July 7, Tim Blasl, Bismarck $20.00
- July 8, Jared Spooner, Bismarck $20.00
- July 9, Mark Landis $20.00
- July 10, Dawn Peterson, Bismarck $20.00
- July 11, Phil Eastgate, Mandan $20.00
- July 12, Lyle Richter, Bismarck $20.00
- July 13,Laif Olson, Bismarck $50.00
- July 14, Dianna Kindseth, Bismarck $20.00
- July 15, Deb Frank, Bismarck,$20.00
- July 16, LeRoy Nayes, Bismarck $20.00
- July 17, Virgil Dinga, Voltaire, ND $20.00
- July 18, Brad Kelly, Bismarck $20.00
- July 19, Carol Beckert, $20.00
- July 20, James R. Schmidt, $50.00
- July 21, Courtney Trolley $20.00
- July 22, Tahnee Magnus $20.00
- July 23, Susie Przybilla $20.00
- July 24, Daniel Nett Bismarck $20.00
- July 25, Daniel Chaussee Bismarck $20.00
- July 26, Cole Olson $20.00
- July 27, Rhonda Pfoff $50.00
- July 28, Mike Eckert $20.00
- July 29, Laif Olson $20.00
- July 30, Diana Kinder $20.00
- July 31, Codi Feland $20.00
- August 1, Isaiah Thomas $20.00
- August 2, Raeann Seibel $20.00
- August 3, Florence Skytland $50.00
- August 4, Doug Schlosser $20.00
- August 5, Dave Baumiller $200.00
Rain Out Policy
In case of inclement weather, every effort will be made to determine diamond playability by 7a for day programs or 4p for evening programs. All local radio stations will be notified of any cancellations by approximately 7a or 4p. Please listen to your local radio stations, or call the information line at 222-6479 or visit www.bisparks.org. If we do not cancel, the radio stations will not be called!
Babe Ruth League Birth Chart for 2013
Weekend Diamond Reservations
All Bismarck Parks and Recreation District softball and baseball diamonds are available for practice on weekends on a reservation basis. View schedules at our Baseball/Softball Complexes Schedule page. To reserve a diamond call 222-6455 for field assignment and reservation slip. All softball association teams will be assigned practice times prior to the start of the season, beginning in April. Once the season begins, teams must call the Bismarck Parks and Recreation District Office to reserve a diamond. Call Friday for weekend reservations. Time limit is one hour.