Activity Centers provide summer recreational programming at selected elementary schools in Bismarck for kids grades K-6. Activities include games, crafts, projects, and outdoor fun, all in a supervised setting. Activity sites have limited enrollment.
|K – 6||June 3 – Aug. 2||M – F||7:45a – 5:15p|
- Must have completed kindergarten in the 2012-13 school year or be 6 years old by June 1, 2013. If your child is in kindergarten, but won’t be 6 until after June 1, 2013, please come to Bismarck Parks office to register.
- Activity Centers will close at 12 noon on August 2
- No program on July 4 & 5
- There will be no supervision before 7:45a or after 5:15p
- We are open during the lunch hour. Participants may stay or go home during that time. However, we do not provide lunch or snacks, so please bring your own.
- $325/child – if received on or before Thursday, May 9.
- $335/child – if received Friday, May 10 or later.
NEW TWO-STEP REGISTRATION process
- Step One: Register your child(ren) for the selected Activity Center site either in person at the Administrative Offices or online. Once your child(ren) is registered, you can then move to Step Two.
- Step Two: Print out or pick up the Activity Center Information Packet (PDF Download) and fill out all six pages. Return the completed packet to the Administrative Office by the end of day on Friday, May 17. Once your completed packet is received, your child(ren)’s registration for Activity Center is complete.
|Centennial||2800 Ithica Dr||3938|
|Dorothy Moses||1312 S. Columbia St.||3939|
|Grimsrud||716 St. Benedict Dr||3940|
|Northridge||1727 N. 3rd St.||3941|
|Pioneer||1400 Braman Ave.||3942|
|Prairie Rose||2200 Oahe Bend||3943|
|Rita Murphy||611 N. 31st St.||3944|
|Robert Miller**||1989 N. 20th St.||3945|
|Roosevelt||613 W. Ave. B||3946|
|Solheim||325 Munich Dr.||3947|
|Sunrise||3800 Nickerson Ave.||3948|
** Due to the school’s request, the Activity Center at Miller will end on July 26. You have the option of going to another site that has openings for the week of July 29 – August 2. Contact Cindy at 222-6771 to make arrangements.
Junior Leaders will learn the skills necessary to perhaps becoming an Activity Center leader one day. A Junior Leader will assist the Leaders in organizing the games and daily activities, helping the Activity Center participants when needed, and helping prepare for the activities each day. The Junior Leaders assist the Leaders and learn leadership and problem solving skills in a fast paced, recreational environment.
Junior Leader Applications can be submitted from April 1- May 15. BPRD staff will do a random drawing May 17 and applicants will be notified of the results.
- $50/junior leader
- Maximum of 4 leaders per site.
- Junior Leaders must be going into 7th grade or older.
- Junior Leader Application (PDF download)