VFW Sports Center
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588 or 221-6815
The VFW Sports Center has two separate rinks and is home to a multitude of recreation activities: hockey, figure skating, public skating, curling, golf. Located near the facility are the Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, Sheila Schafer Mini-Links, Bismarck Capital Curling Club, and Tom O’Leary Tennis Courts. The facility and grounds are surrounded by 2.4 miles of recreational trails.
Fall/Winter Public Indoor Ice Skating
- Rink 1
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12 – 1:15pm
- Free. No skate rentals.
- Rink 2
- Sundays: 3:00 – 5pm
- Skating Fee: $2/Individual; $5/family. No skate rentals.
There will be skate monitors on duty during Sunday public skating. We cannot be responsible for accidents, so please be careful. No pucks or sticks
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.
- Ice Rentals: $85/hour (limited availability)
- Dry Floor: $40/hour
- Must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
- Click here to view schedules for Ice Arenas
- Reservations: call Mike at 221-6814