VFW Sports Center
1200 North Washington Street • 222-6588 or 221-6815
The VFW Sports Center has two separate rinks and is home to a multitude of recreation activities: hockey, figure skating, public skating, curling, golf. Located near the facility are the Sam McQuade Sr. Softball Complex, Bismarck Capital Curling Club, and Tom O’Leary Tennis Courts. The facility and grounds are surrounded by 2.4 miles of recreational trails.
Public Skating Schedule
- Rink 1: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 12 – 1:30pm
- Rink 2: Sundays: 3:00 – 5pm
Fees Sunday Only
- Free at VFW Sports Center Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays
- No skate rentals
There will be skate monitors on duty during Sunday public skating. We cannot be responsible for accidents, so please be careful.
- Skate with the flow.
- No racing or dodging other skaters.
- No food on the ice.
- No spins – both feet must be on the ice.
- Be courteous to other skaters.
- Always use caution – be aware of other skaters.